MEGHAN Markle fans were left baffled after a US talk show announced she would be appearing… only for a pal to claim she wouldn’t be just moments later.
Meghan Markle’s pal Omid Scobie denied the Duchess would be appearing on an NBC talk show[/caption]
NBC announced Meghan was going to appear on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, although this appears not to be correct[/caption]
But her close media pal Omid Scobie, 41, then denied the news a few minutes later.
The will she-won’t she mystery started on Monday after NBC published a story on its website claiming Meghan, 41, “will appear on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” next month.
Omid took to his Twitter page to deny the report, saying “someone at NBC didn’t get the memo” and claiming the mum-of-two is not scheduled to make an appearance.
He wrote on the social media site: “Looks like someone at NBC didn’t get the memo! Despite an announcement via their various PR channels, Meghan isn’t scheduled to appear on The Tonight Show.”
Read More on Meghan Markle
According to the original NBC article, which has since been deleted, it stated that the Duchess would discuss with Fallon her recent projects as well the Sussexes’ upcoming Netflix documentary, which has already caused controversy even before it has aired.
It’s unclear how the error came about and neither NBC or the Sussexes have commented whether Meghan pulled out of the show after the announcement or if the news of her alleged appearance was shared before it had been confirmed.
The error is nearly three months after Meghan cancelled a scheduled appearance on The Tonight Show in the wake of the Queen’s death on September 8.
She had been due to appear on the talk show on September 20, the same day she and husband Prince Harry, 38, were due to attend the UN General Assembly in Manhattan.
Most read in Celebrity
Both appointments were cancelled though, which were set for the day after the Queen’s funeral.
The suggestion Meghan was due to appear on a talk show will no doubt have set alarm bells ringing for Palace officials, particularly the report she was due to speak about the Sussexes’ forthcoming Netflix docuseries.
While Netflix is yet to confirm when the programme will air, royal insiders have suggested the show, along with the release of Harry’s memoir Spare in January, could scupper any chance of reconciliation between the Sussexes and the rest of the Royal Family.
The royals are still said to be reeling from the allegations made by the couple in their interview with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021.
Among the various damaging allegations made, was the claim that an unnamed royal made racist comments about their son Archie’s skin colour.
Meghan’s latest alleged appearance on The Tonight Show was due to air just one day after she and Harry are expected to be honoured by the Robert F Kennedy Human Rights Foundation at a ceremony in New York City.
Reports say both Harry and Meghan are due to attend the Ripple of Hope Gala in Manhattan, with tickets for a place on their table going for up to $1 million.
News of their award has already faced a stern backlash, especially after the former wife of disgraced New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, Kerry, 63, said the couple were being honoured for their “heroic” stance against “structural racism” with the Royal Family.
Speaking to Spanish news site El Confidencial, Kerry said: “They went to the oldest institution in UK history and told them what they were doing wrong, that they couldn’t have structural racism within the institution; that they could not maintain a misunderstanding about mental health.”
Controversy was sparked on November 4 when the broadcaster aired a report on the Today show, where on-air correspondent Miguel Almaguer said that Pelosi had told police in San Francisco there was no indication he was in any danger and did not declare an emergency when he answered the door.
“After a ‘knock and announce’, the front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi,” Almaguer’s voiceover said in the report.
“The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or tried to leave his home but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police. It’s unclear if the 82-year-old was already injured or what his mental state was, say sources.”
However, according to the police narrative of the incident, Pelosi was struggling with the intruder when they arrived at his home.
Pelosi was left with a cracked skull.
Read More on The Sun
The video report was removed by NBC News hours later from their website, saying it “did not meet NBC News reporting standards”.
Almaguer, 45, was later suspended pending an internal investigation into the matter.
Prince Harry and Meghan are due to be honoured by the Robert F Kennedy Human Rights Foundation at a ceremony in New York City[/caption]