Speaking on the Footballer’s Football Podcast, Newcastle striker Callum Wilson has provided an update on his injury.
The 29-year-old went down against Manchester United last month and the issue looked to be rather serious as Wilson had to be stretchered off.
Wilson says that he doesn’t know exactly how long he will be out for, but based on how his body is feeling, he believes that this could be a middle of the road injury in terms of severity.
What’s Wilson said?
The striker gave an update on his injury.
“It’s a strange one because I don’t actually know how long I’ll be out for myself. I have an appointment with a specialist on Friday basically just to go through everything and see what the scan says. We can go from there and distinguish a timeframe really,” Wilson said.
Wilson then went on to speak about how he felt when he went down against United.
“The referee waved me on and I dropped back onto the pitch. It wasn’t until the ball went over my head and I tried to change direction and my knee gave way underneath me and I thought ‘ok something serious has happened’, and I just wanted to get off the pitch,” Wilson said.
“You do have an inkling whether it’s a bad one or whether it’s a little niggle, and I think this one is just middle of the road.”
We can only hope that Wilson is back sooner rather than later.
Newcastle are in a relegation battle, and being without your star striker for a number of weeks is far from ideal.
Of course, the January window is open, but the Magpies may struggle to find a club willing to sell their number nine mid-way through a season.
Let’s hope that Wilson’s issue isn’t too serious.
The post ‘It’s a strange one’: Callum Wilson provides an update on his injury appeared first on HITC.